August Market: Gift & Home Textiles Market Week
Welcome to the 7 W New York 2012 Gift Market! Below are some helpful tips for your convenience.
Don’t forget, our Registration Concierge is always waiting to help you out when you come in or call at 212-279-6063.
Click Here to Download Your Personal List of Open Showrooms
Show Dates & Hours:
- Friday August 17:
- Shop 7 W First on Friday Welcome International Buyers! Come on in and get the first peak at your next purchase
- Saturday is MADE IN USA day
- We’ll also send out communications to support our local businesses
- Monday Night – late night shopping
- The first 100 buyers that come in, starting at 5 PM will get a 7 W leather journal!
“LIKE US” on Facebook
Starting Friday, during our first day of market, the lobby display will consist of our gift and home textiles showrooms showing off their product(s). Buyers will get a chance to walk, past and interact with our display!
By using their mobile or tablet device, buyers will get a chance to find us on facebook (7 W New York), like us and then look for their product of choice to comment. In doing so, buyers will be put in a drawing** to win dinner at Capital Grille.
** *Retail Value = $250.00.
Coat / Luggage* Check:
Don’t need that bag rolling behind you, we got you covered! Visit us on the 10th Floor, Suite 1035 for complimentary coat/luggage check.
* Use of coat check is at your sole risk. Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. (MMPI) and its affiliates are not responsible for the loss of, theft of, or damage to items checked here.
We know how busy you are with all the shopping and places to go, so grab a bite of lunch on us! Available at Registration for Buyers! *Days Limited, for Buyers Only
Hotel / Travel Information:
Please visit our Corporate Rates for your NY stay.
New-York Historical Society Museum&Library
Through the cooperation of NYIGF, Forty One Madison, 7 W New York and 230 Fifth Avenue, NY Market participants can also visit the New York Historical Society for no charge. Just show your badge at the registration desk.
**NOTE: The Museum is CLOSED ON MONDAYS.
Located at Central Park West and 77th Street, this illustrious cultural institution was recently renovated with the Stephen Starr-helmed restaurant, Caffe Storico.
Transportation during the show to Javits or Piers:
Academy Buses will provide our COMPLIMENTARY transportation every half hour.
Transportation will begin each morning at 7 W in front of the building. Look for our Academy Dispatcher to help you out.
- The shuttles will not stage in front of 7 W or Javits/Piers any longer than 5 minutes.
- When leaving from 7 W, make sure to get to the front door on the exact hour.
- Pick-up times from each venue will be clearly indicated on-site.
- There will be no other stops—NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Weather and NYC traffic conditions are out of our control, but the 7 W staff will do the best we can to get you to your final destination. (i.e. RUSH hour, parades, protests, construction all are included in this)
Pick Up & Drop Off Locations:
- Jacob K. Javits Center: 11th Avenue and 34th Street, The Northwest side of 34th Street.
- Pier 94 location: 55th Street & the West Side Highway, in front of Pier 94 Entrance. Shuttle will be located where all other shuttles stage.
Other Options: Take the M34 Crosstown Bus* or a Taxi.
Bus stops on the Southwest side of 34th Street / 5th Ave. You will need to pay BEFORE you get on the bus. NYC buses no longer take metro cards on the bus. Visit http://www.mta.info/nyct/sbs/sbs_payM15.htm for more information.